Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Surrender

Shake my world and break me,
Humble me with Your mercies.
In You I want my hope to be,
Your truth desperately I seize.

I’m laying down my pride.
I’m letting go my guilt.
Time and again I’ve tried.
May persistence in me be built.

Fill me with compassion,
To see the world the way You do.
On You I focus my attention,
I want to live for You.

I’m giving You my life,
So Spirit take control.
Without You I find strife,
Only You can make me whole.

Break me down and build me in Your nature,
So that I will find myself in Your perfect rapture.
Mold in me a heart that beats in time with Yours,
So that out of it I find Your mercy pours.

Refine and realign me,
Come and set me free.
That every step I make,
Every breath I take,
For You alone alone would be.

Help me make a stand,
LORD I surrender.
I fix my gaze on You,
Let nothing hinder.

Anything not of You,
LORD tear it apart.
And move my feet to dance,
To the rhythm of Your heart.

No comments: