Friday, November 19, 2010

Praises and Prayer Requests

Praises!

· A house was donated to CFCI in one of the roughest areas of San Salvador. They will be using it as an office and are dreaming of opening an additional medical clinic and a youth center.

· Jeffer’s grandmother came to know Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior the night of his funeral.

· Another missionary has joined us and will be here for 2 years. He hopes to help head up the new youth programming in the new building.

· Three new local missionaries have joined the team here.

· Our relationship with a local church in Altavista has been greatly strengthened over the past 2 months. They have now fully committed to working with the soccer school and CFCI.

· We had a great day away at the beach to celebrate the 3 year anniversary of CFCI in El Salvador, including those from the church in Altavista that is partnering with us.

· More girls have been getting involved at soccer due to a team from another area deciding to join the soccer school.

· Elsa, two of the other guys on staff, and I will be heading to Nicaragua and Costa Rica to learn more about short term missions, their English program, and other projects they have started.

· The youth of the church that Elsa and I attend has committed to join us for a soccer tournament December 11th on the island. This could be the beginning of a bigger partnership.

· I’ve had the opportunity to attend 2 conferences be missionary groups that have come here and have been greatly blessed my both!

· I’ve had the opportunity to learn a lot about myself and am continually learning more and more what it means to rely on our heavenly Father and find peace and comfort in him.


Prayer Requests

· HEALTH! After struggling with a stomach bug on and off for a few weeks, I’m now fighting a Salvadorean virus. Pray that I would be returned to full health quickly so that I can be back in action for my last month here and for traveling. (Lately I've been feeling a bit like Kevin did on the way home from the zoo...)

· Pray for safe travels next Friday as Elsa and I head to Nicaragua for a one-day conference and then head the rest of the way to Costa Rica. Pray that I wouldn’t be charged extra (beyond the normal extra amount) for being a US citizen.

· Pray for selflessness and a willingness to serve and meet any needs that may arise.

· Pray that I would have eyes to see, ears to listen, and a heart to receive all that God wants to teach me in the next month.

No comments: