Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 1: Mister Donut, Blisters, and PlayDoh

This morning Elsa and I left the house at 7:30 to go to the first soccer session. This lasted until about 10:30 and then we went to meet with a woman from Compassion International briefly about child sponsorships in a barrio that Elsa teaches English. We ate lunch and hung out at the office for a bit and then went and got donuts from Mister Donut. (Apparently Salvadoreños are crazy for donuts.) Then I had a second soccer session from 1:30 to about 4 while Elsa taught English. All in all a good day but realized that my Spanish is very rusty (especially combined with the rapid and slurred Salvadoran speech). I also still know very little about what I’ll be doing besides playing soccer and helping Elsa with the youth group. I’m pretty exhausted so I’m gonna keep this post short. Here are a few prayer requests:


Continued good health

Developing relationships with the youth, Elsa, and my host family

Beginning to pick up on more Spanish and communicate better

The blisters from my “tacos” (cleats) would heal and not return

That’s all for now!

No comments: